Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Of Experiences

On my bed I sat
staring at him and smiling.
My eyes welling up with tears.

I've been splashed by Niagara falls.
I've stood in awe of the Grand Canyon.
I've swum in the Atlantic and
squished my toes in the sand.

I once ran through the rain.
I've listened to the snow.
I once found a four leaf clover.
I've seen a rainbow.

I've made it through a mosh pit.
I've survived a poisoning
and I have saved a life.

But I've never been touched more deeply
then when he looked at me and said simply
"You're beautiful."

I wrote this in 10th grade, no.. 11th grade. Whenever Miss Robbins was. This poem really was about the first time I had someone aside from family or a gal pal tell me I was beautiful. That was maybe, 9th grade when i heard it. It really meant a lot to me.

1 comment: